(5) Things we love…#142

Posted in Things We Love

Hell of a crappy week. Innocent people killed in Barcelona. An American president digging himself deeper into a hole of shame that is leaving the country paralyzed and divided. Some trouble in my little world too. Trying to exhale. Have a wonderful weekend.

One. The creativity of people wanting to do good never finishes to astonish me. We all have gifts we can share (via Austin Kleon).

Two. When you spend years living with a family, or just with another person, the feeling of wishing to be alone now and then becomes familiar. These are some of the reasons why. (via sofagirl).

Three. Sage advice from Laurie Anderson (especially needed in these times of trouble).

Four. If you have never been to the Loire Valley, here is your chance to see it from a crane’s perspective  (via Flo S).

Five. No words needed.

1. Qualcosa di bello (molto), qualcosa di brutto. Attendiamo in questo tempo sospeso.

August 20, 2017
    • Quest’attesa collettiva e’ un tantino snervante.

August 21, 2017
      • Non si riesce a far programmi, a intuire che succederà, come saremo fra qualche mese.

August 22, 2017
  2. #2 resonated with me because I was living alone recently. At first it felt kind of empty, but then I got really used to it, and liked having my own space.

P.S. Usually when a link from your blog doesn’t open, I find that it’s because it’s missing the colon after “http” (I just copy the link to my browser, add the colon, and it works fine). Not sure how to stop this recurring though…

P.P.S. I’ve been meaning to tell you: The Rainer Maria Rilke quote you shared some time ago (“Just keep going. No feeling is final”) really stuck with me. It’s gotten me through some hard moments. Thank-you 🙂

August 20, 2017
    • Funny you mention Rilke as I nearly posted another one of his quotes yesterday: it was about death and, in the end, I deemed it a bit too morbid and not entirely uplifting! (thank you for the http tip)

August 21, 2017
    • Thank you – don’t worry. Nothing terrible. An illness in my family but it will be resolved.

August 21, 2017
  3. Hope things work out for the better soon.

August 19, 2017
  4. Sending you love! Hope your personal stuff gets sorted. No words for #5 indeed. How did we get here?!

(Oh, and #2 isn’t working on my end…)

August 19, 2017
    • I just don’t know…I can’t believe I am dealing with politics induced stress…

August 21, 2017
      • Me either, and in my case it’s not even my corner of the world! I’m doing my best not to give the Orange Cheeto and Brexit much of my mental space but it’s not easy, is it? Here’s hoping we’ll be able to look back on these times and laugh someday…

August 21, 2017