(5) Things we love…#118

Posted in Things We Love

I have come to the conclusion I would be quite happy never having to work for money another day in my life. So – I am grateful it’s the weekend (although I am working most of it and it’s pouring with rain). At least I will be marching with thousands of fellow women while the new President starts rearranging the furniture in the White House. To cheer myself up, here are a couple of wonderful people and some dreamy things.

One. We don’t really need science to tell us our climate is changing – here is proof a man’s wisdom is enough.

Two. An old nana and some needy dogs. A winning combination.

Three. Revising is at the heart of every written work. Here 12 writers tell us how they rewrite. Check out J.K. Rowling’s insane method.

FourThese cakes are so pretty, and somewhat healthy too. Shame they are to be found in the UK only.

Five. One for the bucket list?

1. I went to the march in Rome and feel much better now. We are ready to fight. We will not believe Pumpkin Pinochet’s “alternative facts”.

January 23, 2017

Alternative facts: a euphemism for lies….

January 24, 2017
  2. you attended the march. Bravo 🙂 It all seems like a bad dream with Trump coming to power and every day just seems even more surreal. But if people stand up to him, and stand together, perhaps this is actually what was needed to force that sort of change in our society. Maybe our society, and especially American society had become too selfish, and that is what allowed some reality star like Trump to rise like he did. It is hard to foresee what might happen in the future, there seems so many ways this could go.

January 22, 2017

I suppose we can see this new found activism on the part of the people as the silver lining of this awful situation we find ourselves in.

January 24, 2017
      • totally. I was just thinking that today

January 30, 2017
  3. I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the inauguration. And I was in tears watching SNL’s tribute to Obama singing “To Sir, with love”.

January 22, 2017

I get tears every time I see a picture of Obama! And I stayed well cleared of the inauguration. Wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of high ratings.

January 24, 2017
  4. J.K. Rowlings – what is she like?!! That is the most elaborate way of self-checking the many facts in her writing. But as someone once said “God is in the details” and she has obviously taken that to heart. I love LitHub but must have signed up for it after that post, thanks for linking to it. BTW tried to look at the cakes but the link didn’t work, can you try to re-post it/ fix it? They look so pretty and you say they are healthy – really? Wishing you a very Happy Year of the Rooster – 新年快乐!

January 22, 2017

Happy New Year! May the Rooster bring us some luck! Going to fix the link now. If you are in the UK, she ships.

January 24, 2017
  5. camparigirl

Soldiering on!

January 21, 2017
  6. Thank you for introducing me to LitHub! Love it and you. :)) Linda Bell Wine

January 21, 2017

So sweet! Thank you.

January 21, 2017
  7. I really like this list, particularly #3, which was fascinating, inspiring and exactly what I needed to get back into my story-writing.
    #1 was rather saddening, but still got a smile out of me in the end. #2 just made me smile the whole time.
    And, well… I’m a bit scared of heights, but, heck, I’d probably forget about that if they were serving cakes like #4

January 21, 2017

In truth, I am terrified of heights….

January 21, 2017
  8. Billy Barr is a tonic on a day like today. My mother-in-law is 97. This lady is incredible. Maybe I need some more dogs in my life… Hope your day was good. I believe there was something big happening somewhere but I caught none of it. Did instead go to gym, watch some Bowie clips, drink wine, see art, get interviewed in the street, vintage shop and have lunch with friends though. Amazing how life goes on wonderfully. March for me and may the road rise up to meet you!

January 21, 2017

I just got back. It was awesome!

January 21, 2017
  9. If only he’d limit himself to rearranging and not breaking all the furniture which I fear especially after his speech this morning. We are attending the Denver march. Solidarity! Happy weekend.

January 21, 2017