1. Still not quite there on a new look for my bedroom. Saw this Moroccan Wedding Blanket and wondered if I can get away with it on my very non-marital bed?
2. We’re in the middle of Naartjie season – and the entrepreneurs at Cape Town’s traffic lights are making the most of it. Heaping bags of the juciest orbs are on sale at a bargain $3/R30. The fruit may look imperfect but they are as sweet as fynbos honey. Squeezing them fresh every morning just starts the day off right.
3. Everything about this is fabulous. The young men who came up with the idea, the duct tape that held, the woman with adventure in her soul, that it is about transformation – and the fact that it was sent to me by our friend Bonnie who is currently laid flat with back issues. Pascale Honore, who was left paraplegic by a car accident, loves the ocean. Her son’s friend, Tyron Swan, came up with a plan to get her closer to the sea: he strapped her to his back with duct tape and took her out with him on his surfboard. Watch their adventure here: Transformative Duct Tape
4. The Editor’s Eye: if you love fashion, or even if you don’t. If you read American Vogue, or even if you don’t: this documentary about the women who have created the magazine’s fashion editorials over the past 50 years is worth seeing. Great cast of characters and the work they have created, together with the photographers is not just fashion – it’s art. See their work in In Vogue The Editor’s Eye
5. April 24th was Pay It Forward Day: the idea being when someone does a good deed for you, instead of paying them back, pay the kindness forward by doing a good deed for someone else. I received a book from my friend Francis (who is in the Maldives) … she’d picked a story that echoed back to our time together in the music business – and it made my day. One to do more of – and not just once a year.